Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's For Dinner?- Maryland Fried Chicken


The hardest part of any day is deciding what is for dinner. Any where you look for advice says to plan out your menu about a week in advance that way you can make sure you have all the ingredients you need to prepare your meals. I try this on a regular basis. I plan out our meals and there is a definite pattern to the way our meals go each week. Every Wednesday we have sandwiches for dinner because I have to bring the food to church so we can all eat before Mpact Girls and Royal Rangers begins. On Tuesday or Thursday I tend to do a crock pot meal to try to keep things easy. My favorite day for dinner is Fridays because that is when the whole family meets at my mothers house to all spend time together and I don't have to figure out what to eat, that's left up to my mom.

Last night for dinner we had Maryland Fried chicken. It's a saltine coated chicken breast seared in oil and then simmered in milk to make the chicken tender. We also had fettuccine with a roasted garlic sauce along with corn. This meal was a hit with the kids and my husband. If my kids are willing to eat dinner without a fight I call it a win!