Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's for Dinner?-Chicken Tortilla Soup


I love when I get a chance to try something new. I went looking on allrecipes.com today for something new for my family to have for dinner tonight, but I had some specifics for whatever I chose.

1. I didn't want to go to the grocery store today, so it had to be ingredients that I already had in the house.

2. I wanted it to be something that I could put together in the crock pot because I was feeling kind of lazy.

3. It had to be something that my kids would actually try to eat.

After searching for awhile I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup that I had everything in my house for except for the green chilis, so I just omitted them because Michael is very sensitive when it comes to any kind of food that puts any amount of spice into dinner, so it wasn't a total loss to not have to worry about it. When getting it ready to go into the crock pot the only thing that I had to do to prepare it was chop an onion. This was great.

At the end, Michael and I liked it better than Sidda and MJ did, but they are very picky. I think that this recipe is a keeper.