Saturday, April 16, 2011

Treasure Hunt


We've all been on treasure hunts, right? You get a clue that starts you off and it sends you to the next location that has another clue that sends you somewhere else, and so on. The only one that sees that big picture is the creator of the hunt.

This is how I see it when we receive guidance from God. God sees the whole picture and sees where everything will lead just like the one who makes the treasure hunt. And just like the treasure hunt seekers we can only get one step at a time and can't fully see what the end result will be, only the creator does.

I am the type of person who wants to know the end result at the beginning. This does not happen for me. I've had to learn to be patient and take everything one step at a time. I've learned with God that it's all worth it.