Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Picture of the Future




On Sunday I took two pictures of Sidda. One of these pictures scared me. In this picture is the teenager that I could possibly have in ten years if she turns out to be the kind of teenager I was. In this picture she looks older and full of attitude that no five year old should posses.

These are the things that make me nervous. I have a deep desire that my children are confidant enough in who they are that they don't have to compensate by being mean, having a bad attitude, or looking for love in all the wrong places to fill a void. I hope that they will love God on their own and not through us like they do now. I just want them to be happy in life and for them to realize that keeping things simple can help them in their happiness.

This is my sweet little Sidda. She looks like the little girl she is.
This is the teenager that I'm worried I will have.