Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Days Like Today

It's days like today that I love being a stay at home mom. Today Sidda and MJ have been playing together and it's one of my favorite things to watch when they are kind to each other. They spent most of the morning playing together in the backyard and I was watching them run around together, push each other in the swings and laugh all the time. They blew bubbles and chased them around and now as they are waiting for lunch to be ready they are playing in the living room, pretending to be babies and taking care of one another.

This has been a peaceful day that I have needed. MJ has even been doing great on the potty today, which has been a constant frustration the last few weeks. My house is clean, the dishes are done, the laundry is completed, lunch is in process. It has been an easy day so far, and I am grateful for it. After lunch is nap time and maybe since the day has been so good so far, they will both sleep today, giving me time to finish some things that I have started, maybe even sit down to read a book for the first time in a couple of weeks.

I just love days like today. It's makes the bad, hard, terrible days worth it.