Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Reviews: I am Number Four


Last night I finished reading the book I am Number 4 by Pittacus Lore.

The story is about John Smith (at least that is his name this time around). John has just moved to Paradise, Ohio from Florida. He's the new kid in school again. John's goal is to blend in as well as possible. He doesn't want to be noticed. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself. John has a secret that he doesn't want known because if people discover what he is he will have to run again because they could find him.

John is an alien from the planet Lorien. Lorien is very similar to earth. It's just twenty-five thousand years older and more advanced than earth currently is. After his planet was destroyed he came to earth ten years ago in attempt to save his species from extinction. When he came, there were nine of them. He is number 4.

I found the book fast paced and easy to read. It sucked me in enough to keep me turning pages when I knew that I had other things I should be doing (mainly sleeping). John is learning to develop newly discovered powers while dealing with new friendships, falling in love, and trying to keep himself safe. It was well worth the read. Thank you Pastor Vic for recommending it to me.