Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes


This is a story about Ginny and the adventure she leads through Europe on the dime of her deceased runaway aunt. Ginny is a shy and closed off girl who is nervous all the time. She has a hard time talking to people. Most of the time she doesn't know what to do with herself.

Aunt Peg passed away suddenly from a brain tumor but not before she wrote 13 letters to Ginny with instructions to fly to London and when she gets there she can open the next letter. As she goes through the letters she is sent all over Europe, from London to Rome to Denmark and more.

While I didn't really feel invested in the story I felt a need to finish the book to see what would happen. It wasn't really a great story and I really had to force myself to get through it. To me the character development was minimal and the whole thing felt rushed to get through. There is a sequel to the book but I'm not sure if I'm interested enough to take it on. I got this book for free through Amazon on Kindle so it cost me nothing but time. If the sequel is free I'll probably read it.