Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blessings

Isn’t wonderful the way people bless you when you least expect it? I started off today feeling like lately I’ve been having more bad days than good. I’ve just been in a constant funk where I haven’t been feeling like myself. The days have seemed long and my patience has been short and I’ve been tired, grumpy and irritable. There is no real reason for my bad mood but it’s what I’ve been in it’s how I’ve felt.

I’ve been having a pity party and I was the only one invited. No one wanted to join me while I was miserable. Yes, misery loves company, but as I said, I was the only one at my pity party.

So, things were not going the way I wanted. I wanted to do what I wanted to do. I didn’t want to cook. I didn’t want to clean. I especially didn’t want to do laundry. I wanted to forgo all my responsibilities and do nothing at all. I didn’t even want to read. That’s what shows I was really in a funk. I always want to read.

But let’s get to the blessing that I received. There is a huge event coming up at the end of April that I have been wanting to go to but there was no way I could afford to go. A friend of mine asked me if she could make it happen for me to attend would I go, and I said yes. Not 30 seconds later she was handing me a ticket saying that you are going. It’s done.

It made my day! It cheered me up. It came at a time that my pity party was getting very pathetic. It helped snap me out of my mood.

Thank you, Veronica, for making it happen. Thank you for caring enough about me to let me have this wonderful opportunity. Thank you for being my blessing today.