Saturday, April 16, 2011

2011 Goals

I need to spend more time in my devotional life. I used to be so good at finding time everyday but it has slipped away from me. I need to make changes in order to give myself time to do the things that I think are important. I need to set goals for this year and complete them. I guess it doesn't have to do with just my devotional life but with me in general.

My Goals for the rest of 2011

1. Finish reading the whole Bible before this year ends.
-I am currently on Deuteronomy. This is achievable as long as I stay motivated. I'll try to keep a weekly post to keep me on track and accountable in my reading

2. Get up before everyone else and exercise for 20-30 minutes to get my energy up for the day.
-I used to do this every morning. I used to do this every morning. I would get up exercise, shower and be dressed before anyone else would roll out of bed. This no longer happens. I've been having a hard time even getting out of bed in the mornings. This will change. I will start setting an alarm instead of waiting on MJ to wake me up.

3. Read 75 books in 2011
-So far I've read 28. Also with this goal I want to branch out into different kinds of books, books that I wouldn't normally choose so I can find new interests and new authors that I might enjoy. I'm open to almost anything. Any recommendations would be awesome. This is a link to my goodreads site that shows the books I've been reading lately Goodreads.

4. Have an official family night
-We are together most nights but we're all usually doing something different. I want once a week to "officially" do something together. Something that we can all share in and something that can continue for years. Whether it's watching a movie, playing games, riding bikes, or all cooking dinner together, I just want the four of us to do it together.

5. I want to sew more
-I've been learning how to make clothes and quilts. I've been doing this in and off for a couple of years now and I would like to do it more consistently. By Christmas I want to make quilts for both Sidda and MJ and one for Michael and myself. I also want to make at least three summer dresses for Sidda and some close for MJ and possibly tackle Halloween costumes this year.

My hope is that on January 1, 2012 I will be able to look back on this post and know that I did all the things I set out to do.