Monday, March 28, 2011

"You Made me Upset and Make Me Cry"

This is something that MJ tells us regularly. When he doesn't get what he wants he begins a fake whine and says "You made me upset and make me cry." He blames Michael and me for every unhappiness that he may encounter (He wasn't allowed dessert, he had to go to bed, he got in trouble and doesn't want to be in the corner, etc...) Meanwhile he is only 2 years old. I don't know where he learned this phrase and why it has entered our lives here at the Abell household but every time he says it I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

Maybe this is the way I will start responding to things that don't go my way. Guy cuts me off while driving: "you made me upset and make me cry." My groceries cost more than I expected: "you made me upset and make me cry." Rude people in general that you can run in to at anytime: "you made me upset and make me cry." Maybe by expressing myself in this way it can take people by surprise and maybe get them to crack a smile.

Maybe I can learn things from my 2 year old.