Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This is Sidda
















The first question that I am usually asked when it comes to my daughter is "What? What is her name? It's Sidda? Where does that mean?" My husband Michael would tell them that Sidda meant "conquerer of worlds." That is the kind of things he likes to try to make people believe. The truth of the matter is: it has no meaning that we are aware of. I had watched the Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood. Sandra Bullock characters name is Siddalee. We took that as the base of her name and named our little girl Sidda Lea.

Sidda was born December 29, 2005. She was so tiny. Our doctor had predicted that she would be close to 8 lbs but she was a tiny 6lbs 9 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She was so little and so dependent on me that I was scared to take her home and be left all by myself. Soon enough, it all fell into a routine and it became natural to take care of her.

Sidda is now a five year old independent girl who is loves to laugh and tell stories and is starting to learn to read. Sidda also loves God. She has a lot of questions about everything and every night she reads her Bible with her Daddy, sings a song with me and we pray together. Watching her grow up I understand why God called me for this, it's where I belong.