Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The One Who Started it All


Well, obviously God started it all, but I am not talking about him right now. I am talking about Michael. Michael is the one who came into my life that changed it for the better. I was well on my way to change but at the point that I met Michael I was at a fork in the road. I had two options to what my life would be and I chose the one that made my life the best.

Michael helped in my building a relationship with Jesus and making better decisions that would be better in the long run. But more on how he changed my life later, right now I want to talk about the first time we had ever spoken to each other... More like the first time I spoke to him.

Michael and I were both leaders within our youth group but never, ever talked to each other. I noticed him a couple of times but I figured he was on the quiet side. He didn't talk out much; at least not while I was around. It was a Thursday Night that I really began to notice him. He wasn't standing to far from me; I thought that he was cute, (hey, I was 17 years old, these things are important.) so I stood closer to him. I don't know if he really noticed me standing near him, he seemed very unaware of what was going on around him.

As I got closer, the smell of him closed the deal for me. He smelled clean and fresh, not overdosed in cologne or any other weird things that teenage boys might douse themselves in. So it was the scent of him that hooked me. So I slided up closer to him, stood on my tiptoes so he would for sure hear the words that would come out of my mouth: "You smell like shaving cream" I told him. Michael looked at me like I was out of my mind. But I apparently did not scare him off because with in two weeks of this we began dating. It's now been 10 years together and we are about to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. I learn things daily from Michael. He is my best friend and my ultimate influence. He is wise and silly and makes me laugh. He is wonderful with our children and he himself strives to be a children's pasture when his studies are over. Michael is the one I love. I found him, loved him and never looked back.