Friday, March 25, 2011

I Love to Read

Do you love to read? I have found that not many people in my life love to read as much as I do. Sometimes I feel like my reading is a little superficial. It's not like I'm sitting around reading great literary classics (which one day I'm hoping I will someday do). No... I'm currently reading Confessions of a Shopaholic for the umpteenth time. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's light and easy and makes me laugh. There are six books in this series and I will read them one after the other and enjoy every bit of it.

Half way through last year I found the website goodreads.com where you can list the books that you've read, give them a rating and write a review. I've been adding books as I go ever since. In January Goodreads started a challenge to read a certain amount of books in a year. My personal goal this year is 75. So far I have read 25. I'm suppose to average between 6 to 7 books a month. Somehow in January I got a little ahead of myself and read closer to 11 or 12, but by March I have been slowing down and having a harder time deciding what I want to read. Hence, I am back to reading the Shopaholic books again. Maybe after I go through the series again I will work on getting back in to new books and also more heavy literature.

If you want to checkout my profile at Goodreads just click here: www.goodreads.com/jlea1982