Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hair

My daughter has beautiful hair. I may be biased but I've never seen hair like Sidda's. When Sidda was born she had a dark tuft with a blonde streak right in the middle. As she has grown her hair has gotten longer, has curled and still has that blonde streak right in the middle. Sidda's hair is easy to manage because the curls are loose and natural and a brush easily runs through it. Her curls are the beautiful kind that fall wonderfully around her head that make me nervous when she grows up.

Sidda has the hair that I have always wanted. My hair is straight and flat and boring. I don't like to put too much effort into it because it never turns out how I want it to be. Everyday after I do Sidda's hair I am jealous. I think many people are jealous of her hair.

I get asked regularly if I highlighted her hair and why answer is "Why would I do that? She's only (insert age here)." I've been asked this hundreds of times over the last five years. I know that there are parents out there who will gladly die the hair of their young daughter, but I am not one of them. I barley maintain my own hair color. Besides, why would I mess with the beauty that God already created upon her head?