Friday, March 25, 2011

Confessions of a Harry Potter Addict



I love Harry Potter. I am a self deemed Harry Potter nerd. I have read the books several times and even went to the midnight premier of the last movie that came out.

To me, there are no other stories that compare to the talent of J.K. Rowling in her creativity. She made a link between everything that occurred from The Sorcerer's Stone to The Deathly Hallows. I fell in love with the characters and was hooked on their relationships with each other. I would laugh and I would cry with them. No other book has sucked me in as the Harry Potter series has.

There is so much to why I like these books so much that I can't even think of where to start. I read the series from beginning to end at least once a year and I still find things that I didn't remember from reading the time before. I still cry at certain parts even thought I can now see it coming pages before it happens. This happens most often within The Deathly Hallows. I cry every time I read about the death of Dobby the House Elf. I do not just cry; I ball. It may be that through out the series Dobby has become one of my favorite characters and is so important to so much that happens (I was so disappointed at how much Dobby was removed from the movies).

Voldemort and Dumbledore's back story are extremely fascinating. I don't even know where to start. I love knowing the reasons why behind actions that people take. Showing Voldemort as a child helped you empathize with him though did not really change your mind about him because lets face it, the dude was crazy. Dumbledore on the other hand his past showed a side of him that none of expected, but showed how people can change to for the better and not let the desires they have that could bring them down get in the way of helping every one else. Did that make sense? I'm not really sure.

Regardless, I love Harry Potter. I'm glad that I decided one random day to pick it up and read it. It has brought endless entertainment to me and I hope that when my kids are old enough they would like to read it too.